Monday, July 04, 2005

Thank you, reunion attendees (and abiding spouses)

Friends,
I had a great time at our reunion events last weekend, and I thank all of you who participated. Special thanks to your spouses and significant others who put up with our reminiscing.
None of these events would have gone so smoothly without the efforts of Dawn, Cheril, and Ann, rallying us to get together, and working with the kind folks at the California Bar 'n Grill and the Beverly Hills Tavern. Kudos to whoever ordered up Saturday's weather, too.

Any of you who were there and took photos: if you have any you would like to share with the group, email them to me, and I'll get them posted on the website.

For those of you who didn't attend, this is what you missed: a little antsy from getting only 25 minutes on stage at the Live 8 concert in Philly earlier that day, and looking forward to a little outlet shopping on Sunday, who should show up at the Beverly Hills Tavern around dusk, but Dave Matthews himself. Cheril charmed him into pulling out his acoustic guitar, and Dave treated us to extended versions of "Jimi Thing" and "Tripping Billies". I thought the tavern would run out of tequila. Unfortunately, I had used up all my film by then, so I don't have any photos of Dave's performance. Perhaps someone else does?




[Always believe everything you read on the Internet (unless TV contradicts it).]

1 Comments:

Blogger Gary T. said...

The first set of reunion photos is posted at http://www.mtpenn1979.com/2005Photoalbum.html

Sat Jul 09, 09:17:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home